Witches Brooms Roll Ups is a perfect snack for those who wanted to balance out their sugar intake. This recipe is packed with healthy zucchini strips, turkey bacon and almond cheese as healthy fats, a healthier alternative snack this Halloween season. Have a healthy, holiday cooking session everyone!
- 2 medium zucchini
- 4 slices nitrate free turkey bacon
- 4 thin slices of brown rice (Phase 1) or cashew (phase 3) cheese.
- Trim ends of zucchini and discard. Using a vegetable peeler, slice zucchini lengthwise into 16 paper-thin slices; place in a single layer on a work surface. (Discard first slice of peel and seedy center.) Wrap and chill remaining zucchini for another use.
- Stack turkey bacon slices and cut into 4 long strips. Repeat with cheese slices.
- Sprinkle zucchini slices with pepper. Lay a turkey bacon strips in center of a zucchini slice and top with a cheese strip. Starting at one end of zucchini strip, roll it into a tight spiral; secure with a toothpick. Repeat on other rolls.
- Enjoy eating!