Juicing and blending are well-known to be two of the healthiest ways to get proper nutrients. The nutrients found in both juices and smoothies keeps our body energetic and hydrated. Both are a healthier options to start our day than dehydrating coffees.
Yet many of the fast metabolism dieters are wondering what the difference between the two and why juicing is not recommended in the fast metabolism diet. This article will help you understand the distinct difference between the two.
- The juices are made with juicers. Juicing removes the fiber from fruits and vegetables.
- The smoothies, on the other hand, is made with blenders. The fibers in a smoothie is still retained even though the foods are broken down into liquid form.
In the fast metabolism diet, we wanted you to eat more fibers to keep you full until your next meal/snack, while still getting the proper nutrients your body needed. The only way you can do that is through smoothies.
- Since all the fibers from veggies and fruits are removed in juicing, your body does not have to do any digestive work to extract its nutrients. Instead, all the nutrients in fruits and veggies enters your bloodstream quickly, giving you an instant fusion of vitamins, minerals, living enzymes and other phytonutrients.
Juices are called as a healing drink and is very good for people who have damaged digestive systems, or who have difficulty in digesting veggies. It also supports the healing of a damaged gut. The reason it is not recommended in this diet is it can cause your blood sugar to have an abrupt spike because of the sweet fruits. A sudden spike in your blood sugar will cause your insulin levels to increase quickly. This in turn will prompt your body to store the sugar as fat instead of burning it. And the last thing we need is to store more fats!
- A smoothie, on the other hand, still contain the fiber from fruits and veggies. This means that your body will still have to do some digestive work to break down and digest your smoothie, and extracting the nutrients from it. The breakdown process will help the nutrients to enter your bloodstream slowly, thanks to fibers.
- It is not recommended to juice too much fruits. This is because fruits are rich with natural sugars, and they are released into your blood stream quickly. Your liver will have to work extra hard to filter them.
- Also, avoid juicing spinach and chard every day. They are high in oxalates which can cause kidney stone issues. You can juice spinach and chard every other day.
- Avoid smoothing too starchy and hard to digest veggies like sweet potato, root veggies like beets and carrots. These ingredients are hard for your body to break down. Stick more into water rich veggies, leafy greens, fruits, nuts, any phase-specific foods that is easy to digest.
- Avoid putting too many ingredients in your smoothies. While it is overwhelming that we can mix up veggies, fruits, healthy fats and proteins to make our smoothies healthy and nutritious, putting too much ingredients can do more harm than good. Instead, keep your smoothies healthy, delicious but simple to do much better for your digestion.
We hope this guide has helped you in spotting the difference and the purpose between the two to aid our diet and healthy lifestyle. Check out our healthy fast metabolism diet smoothie recipes.