- 4 tilapia fillets
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 lemon, cut in half
- 3 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1/3 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 tomato, chopped
- 1/2 red onion, finely diced
- 1/2 cup pomegranate arils
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- the juice of 1/2 lime
- the juice of 1/2 orange
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- To toast coconut, add to a saucepan over low-medium heat and stir, cooking for about 4-5 minutes. Toss continuously until it is evenly toasted then set aside.
- Season tilapia with salt, pepper and lemon juice.
- Heat nonstick skillet over medium to medium high heat then add coconut oil. Add tilapia and cook for about 3-4 minutes. Using a spatula, gently turn over the fish then cover in half of the toasted coconut.
- Once tilapia is cooked or can now be easily flaked with a fork, remove from skillet then top it with remaining toasted coconut.
- Add pomegranate salsa on top then serve.
Combine all ingredients together and mix. This can be stored in the fridge for 2-3 days.
This dish is relatively easy to make, tasty to eat, and definite thumbs-up in the health department. Start cooking and enjoy and hearty and healthy meal!