The Fast Metabolism Diet Frequently Asked Questions:
Note: This page is regularly updated to address common questions of fast metabolism dieters. The questions on the topmost part are the compiled questions recently submitted to us which are sourced from our different social media platforms – Facebook Twitter Pinterest Blogger or directly from this site. If your query has not been answered yet, you can post them in the forum or you can contact us. Visit this page often to get some fresh answers.
- My weight is STUCK! What should I do? HELP!
You shouldn’t stress yourself too much on the weight plateau you’re experiencing. There are many cases where weight plateau happens while you’re on the fast metabolism diet. That’s why the program is set to a 28-day cycle because it takes that long to fully heal your metabolism. For more tips and information on how to beat weight plateau, you may read these related articles: how to beat the never ending weight plateau, breaking weight plateaus, slow weight problems and how to beat it, finding your right weight loss goal.
Or you can check out The Burn Book, it discusses weight plateaus, even if dieters religiously follows everything on the fast metabolism diet book.
- How do I join the forum/ What is the forum link?
You can join the forum by registering on this link.
- Is there an android version for the fast metabolism app?
Currently, the app is only available on Iphones.
- How many minutes should I spend on exercising?
For beginners, you can have 30-45 minutes of exercise for phases. For intermediate, you can have 45 minutes to 75 minutes exercise. If you are busy, you can split the exercise duration into 15 minute session. Ex take a 15 minute walk in the morning and jog in the afternoon
- Can we eat veggies anytime of the day? It says we can have unlimited veggies. Can we eat them between the 3 to four hour gap before we take our next meal/snack?
Yes. You can eat veggies anytime of the day, granted you are still hungry. Just be sure to still follow the 5 meals per day and phase-specific veggies
- I am a vegan and I don’t want to eat eggs or fish. What can be our substitute for these meals?
You can have Tofu, soy tempeh, and edamame on Phase 2 and break the no soy rule. Just be sure that the meat you are eating are all organic.
- I am having a horrible symptoms of caffeine withdrawal! What should I do?/ What are the replacements for coffee as my drink?
You can have the following drink as a substitute for your coffee:
Pero — a mix of malted barley, chicory and rye — is one of the best. It comes as a powder; you simply add hot water (along with almond milk and/or stevia if you like).
Cafix (made of barley and chicory) is also popular. It also comes as an instant powder.
Celestial Seasonings produces a coffee substitute called Roastaroma that comes as a tea bag
Some people swear by roasted dandelion root as a coffee replacement. Traditional Medicinals makes one that comes as a tea bag
- After my fast metabolism diet 28 day program, can I have mixed exercise if I do the diet again?
Absolutely! If you’re in the maintenance phase, you can mixed up your exercises like how you can have your varied Phase 3, For more information about fast metabolism diet maintenance, you can read your life after fast metabolism diet article.
- Is there a difference between the various Phase 1 s throughout the four weeks? (Same question for other Phases)
No. It is still the same phase. But you can vary your foods and exercise every week as long as it is still phase specific.
- In Phase 1 of the Fast metabolism diet, I don’t want to eat brown rice. What can I substitute with it?
You can have Quinoa, Spelt, or oatmeal as substitute for
- How many food portions do I have to eat each Phase?
If you want to lose 20 pounds, just follow the standard portions of meals written in the book. On every 20 more pounds you want to lose, add an additional ½ servings. Know more about food portioning here.
- I am on day 1 and I am having severe headaches, what should I do?
You are most probably experiencing the symptoms of caffeine and sugar withdrawal. It should pass after three to four days. In order to deal with its symptoms, read the full article here.
- I feel hungry all the time!
By the meal map provided you should not be hungry. But in any case you still feel hungry, eat more veggies according to the approve list of veggies in your Phase.
- I mess up today. Should I start over?
There’s no need for you to start over. Just be extra perfect for the next day. Of course, you can start over if you preferred.
- I’m several days in the diet and still not losing weight. What should I do?
This scenario is not uncommon. That’s why the program is a 28-day cycle. It takes that long to heal your metabolism. Relieve yourself from stress and give your body a chance to heal in its own pace. Keep on following the phases each week.
- How many times do I have to exercise per week?
You need to exercise three times a week. One day for cardio-exercise in Phase 1, one day for weightlifting in phase 2 and yoga or massage for phase 3. It should not be more than that. We need to use up your energy for your metabolism to heal.
- I am a vegan. Can I do this diet?
Definitely. You can just substitute ½ cup cooked phase-specific legumes for meat. In Phase 2 you are allowed to break the no soy-rule in three ways to up your protein intake: Tofu, soy tempeh and edamame. Just make sure they’re organic and non GMO.
- What happens after I finish the diet?
First things fist, congratulations! You’ve completed the program and you are now living a balanced, food-loving life. Know more about your life after the fast metabolism diet program.
- What if I start gaining weight again?
Your weight will stay off if you follow Haylie’s rule of maintenance
- What are the approved fruit lists in the fast metabolism diet program?
See Approved fruit list in Phase 1, approved fruit list in Phase 2 and approved fruit list in Phase 3.
- What kind of sweeteners can I use?
Reach for stevia or birch based xylitol. Remember not to take foods with artificial sweeteners as they slow down your metabolism.
- An event (birthday/party/reunion,etc) is coming up! What should I do?
Don’t be afraid of these events! Instead, embrace and enjoy this festivity! You can eat protein snacks throughout the day, you can eat natural sugars during breakfast and lunch, or eat good fats in dinner before you eat a cake. To know more, read the survival tips on attending events.