Aside from being the star in almost all American gatherings, Turkey meat is one healthy food that will make an enjoyable Phase 2 exercise. What better way to make it even tastier and healthier than adding it with a touch of freshly picked green beans? In this way, you will be able to get the full benefits of a high-protein diet from Turkey meat combined with vitamins and nutrients from green beans. This dish can perfectly be reheated the next day for the whole family to share.
- 1 ½ pounds fresh green beans, washed and ends trimmed
- 6 slices of fried or baked Turkey bacon
- 1 small finely sliced onion
- ⅓ cup vinegar
- ⅓ cup xylitol
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Put green beans inside a large pot of water. Boil for about 8-10 minutes until crisp tender then drain water.
- While cooking the green beans, combine vinegar, xylitol, salt & pepper in small bowl and whisk to combine.
- Prepare a plate lined with paper towel and put the baked (or fried) Turkey bacon to cool for a while. Save some bacon crumblings.
- Crumble bacon into a small bowl. Reserve some for garnish.
- Cook diced onion and bacon drippings in the skillet over medium heat for 3 minutes.
- Add green beans onto the skillet. Gradually pour dressing over the beans and mix.
- Reduce the heat then add the crumbled bacon. Stir gently and simmer for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Top with a sprinkle of reserved crumbled bacon then serve.
Makes: 4-6 servings