The Phase 2 of the Fast Metabolism Diet, which is also called the Protein Phase, is on Wednesday and Thursday. During these days, you are not allowed to have any fruit, grains of any kind, and no added fat such as olive oil, nuts, and avocados.
Phase 2 also limits you to a narrow range of lean proteins and white and green vegetables like asparagus, broccoli, cucumbers, green beans, etc.
If you’re confused on what to eat in the morning, here is a Spinach and Mushroom Scramble breakfast recipe:
- 4 slices turkey bacon, diced
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 1/2 cups chopped spinach
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 2 tablespoons organic vegetable broth
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and when hot, cook the ingredients for about 5 minutes until the onion is soft and the bacon cooked. Serve immediately.
- *Tip: I love this meal so much that I’ve been known to double the portion, have one for breakfast, and split the second over two Phase 2 snacks (because remember, your portions for protein is half the size for snacks).
Sources: Haylie Pomroy, Glamorable