Vegetable lovers out there here is a perfect dish for you. A very simple recipe which can be cooked virtually by anybody especially those who are in Phase 1 of the Fast Metabolism Diet Program. The best way in cooking this recipe is to drain and dry the spinach leaves as well as you can, using a salad spinner if need be, before cooking them.
- 2 large bunches of spinach, about 1 lb
- ½ cup of water
- 3 cloves garlic, sliced
- Salt to taste
- Cut off the thick stems of the spinach and allow any excess dirt to be removed by filling up a bowl or your sink with water and soak the spinach in it. Drain the spinach and then repeat soaking and draining. Remove any excess moisture from the spinach using a salad spinner.
- In a large skillet, heat 2 Tbsp of water over medium high heat. Add the garlic and sauté for about 1 minute or until garlic starts to turn brown in color and starts to create broth.
- Lift the spinach using two spatulas and transfer it to the pan. Add the spinach to the pan, packing it down a bit if you need to with your hand. Do this a couple of times. Cook the spinach for about a minute with the pan covered. Uncover and turn the spinach over again. Cover the pan and cook for an additional minute.
- Remove the heat after 2 minutes of cooking with the pan covered and if the spinach is completely wilted.
- Drain any excess moisture from the pan.
- Sprinkle with salt to taste and serve.