Get yourself an unbelievably tasty, creamy, sweet and full of flavor Easy Sweet Potato Hummus. An easy to prepare delicacy with a golden color from the sweet potato. You can slip this hummus onto your buffet table or serve it as a snack at work.
- 1 medium-sized Sweet Potato (about 1 Cup Mashed)
- 1 cup of Cooked Chickpeas
- 1 clove of Garlic
- 2 tablespoons of Water
- 2 tablespoons of Lemon Juice
- 2 tablespoons of Olive Oil
- ½ teaspoon of Salt
- ½ teaspoon of Chili Powder
- Pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400F (200C).
- Prick the sweet potato all over using a fork so steam can escape while the potato cooks.
- Place a baking sheet, and bake for approximately 50 – 65 minutes or until the potato is tender all the way through, and a knife can easily pierce through the entire potato.
- Scoop out the flesh of the potato and add it to a food processor.
- Add the remaining ingredients: the garlic, lemon, chickpeas, water, chili powder, salt and pepper to a food processor also.
- Blend the ingredients until completely smooth, stopping to scrape down the sides as needed. If you want a thinner hummus, add a bit more water or oil until your desired consistency is reached.