Seared tuna is an excellent and an easy-to-make Phase 3 recipe. You will love the delectable taste and meaty texture of the tuna fish that is rich in nutrients perfect to serve at your next dinner party.
- 4 pcs of tuna steaks (3/4 to 1-inch thick and about 6 oz each)
- Juice and zest of one (1) lime
- 2 tsp of dried thyme leaves
- 1/2 to 1 tsp of coarsely-ground pepper
- 1/4 tsp of sea salt
- 1 to 2 tsp of extra-virgin olive oil
- On a medium-sized bowl, wash the tuna steaks and then place on a plate to pat dry with paper towels. Set aside.
- Grate the zest from the lime and squeeze out its juice and then set aside.
- Put together the lime zest, salt and thyme in a small bowl and mix. Lightly rub the sides of the tuna steaks with olive oil lightly. Then rub it with the seasoning mix and make sure to coat them well.
- On a cast-iron pan or a saute pan, put some olive oil and heat it. Gradually increase the heat level and put the tuna on the pan.
- Scorch the tuna for about a minute and then carefully turn it over and cook the other side with medium heat. Scorch the current side for another minute until medium rare but make sure not to overcook it to avoid drying and losing its flavor.
- After taking out from the stove, sprinkle the tuna with lime juice before serving.
Makes 4 servings.