Coconut-lovers will definitely love this soft, chewy and sweet-scented coconut cookies. A delectable, lovely and irresistible cookies thanks to coconut milk and shredded coconut. Enjoy these Chewy Coconut Cookies because they celebrate the flavor of coconut front and center. Yummy!
- 5 tablespoons of full-fat, canned unsweetened coconut milk (make sure to stir before measuring)
- 3/4 teaspoon of pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon of powdered stevia
- 1/8 teaspoon of sea salt
- 1 cup (115 g) almond flour
- 1/2 cup (50 g) unsweetened coconut cut into shreds
- Preheat the oven to 350F: place a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a silpat liner.
- In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the coconut milk, vanilla, stevia, and salt until it become smooth.
- Stir in the dried coconut and almond meal then cover the dough and chill inside the freezer for approximately 5 minutes.
- Scoop the dough out and roll into 1 tablespoon-sized balls. Place the balls on the prepared baking sheet about 1 to 2 inches apart, and use the palm of your hand to flatten slightly each of the balls.
- Bake until the cookies are in a very light golden color on the bottom but are still light brown on top, for about 14 to 16 minutes. Rotate the tray once.
- Before removing and serving, cool completely on the tray. Store layered between parchment paper in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 2 days, or up to 5 days in the fridge.