For a simple and delicious PHASE 2 meal, try cooking this Curry Spiced Scrambled Eggs And Onions recipe from Haylie Pomroy!
- 1 medium red onion, halved and sliced thinly
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon mild curry powder
- 3 egg whites
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves, tightly packed
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- A few thin slices of fresh hot chile and/or crushed red pepper flakes, (optional)
- Heat a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the onion and salt and cook for 4 minutes, stirring a couple of times, until golden brown and soft.
- Add the garlic and curry powder to the onions and stir through. Pour in the egg whites and gently stir continuously for about 30 seconds, until the egg whites are just cooked through but still glossy. Use a spatula to scrape the cooked egg whites from the bottom of the pan and fold it into the rest of the mix.
- Place the baby spinach leaves on a plate and drizzle with lemon juice. Top with the scrambled egg whites and some fresh or dried chiles or other herbs of choice on top.
- EAT & ENJOY!
Source: HAYLIE POMROY