STUFFED BREAKFAST PEPPERS
Don’t have enough time to prepare a proper Fast Metabolism Diet meal for breakfast? Here is a delicious dish that you can cook in no time at all!
Servings: 2 | Prep time: 10 minutes | Total time: 45 minutes
- 6 egg whites (or 1 cup liquid egg whites)
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 cup chopped broccoli florets
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 bell peppers, halved and cored
- Chopped fresh cilantro
- Hot sauce
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- In a bowl, mix together the first 8 ingredients (egg whites through black pepper).
- Place the bell pepper halves in a baking dish, and fill them with the egg white mixture.
- Bake 35 minutes, or until the egg whites are set. Sprinkle with cilantro, and serve with your favorite hot sauce.
To help in making an amazing Fast Metabolism Diet here is a delicious and unique Phase 2 recipe!
- Medium sized lean cut lamb
- Lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon ginger powder
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1/2 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds
- A handful of coriander leaves
- Salt and pepper
- Finely chop the garlic cloves and throw them in a medium-sized bowl.
- Add all the other ingredients to the bowl except the lamb and coriander leaves.
- Mix this marinade well.
- Put the lamb into the bowl and make sure to coat the lamb evenly and generously with the marinade.
- Grill the lamb thoroughly on both sides.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and sprinkle a few sesame seeds on top.
- Serve and ENJOY this Phase 2 Recipe!
Source: Style Craze
To further help in implementing your Fast Metabolism Diet, here is the complete list of foods allowed on Phase 2!
VEGETABLES AND SALAD GREENS (FRESH, CANNED, OR FROZEN)
- Arrowroot Arugula Asparagus
- Beans: green, yellow (wax), French (string) Broccoli florets
- Cabbage and all types of celery
- Collard greens Cucumbers, any type Endive
- Green chiles, jalapeños Green onions
- Jicama Kale Leeks
- Lettuce (any except iceberg), mixed greens
- Mushrooms Mustard greens
- Onions, Red and Yellow peppers: Bell, Pepperoncini Rhubarb
- Shallots Spinach Spirulina Swiss chard Watercress
FRUITS (FRESH OR FROZEN)
- Beef, all lean cuts: filet, tenderloin, strip, sirloin, shell steak, London broil, round steak, rump roast, stew meat, lean ground
- Buffalo meat
- Chicken: boneless, skinless white meat Cod/scrod fillet
- Corned beef
- Deli meats, nitrate-free: roast beef, chicken, turkey Dory fish fillet
- Eggs, whites only Flounder Fillet
- Game: venison, ostrich, elk Halibut fillet
- Jerky, nitrate-free: beef, buffalo, turkey, elk, ostrich Lamb, lean cuts
- Oysters, packed in water Pork: loin roast, tenderloin Salmon: nitrate-free smoked Sardines, packed in water Sole fillet
- Tuna, packed in water
- Turkey: breast steaks, lean ground Turkey bacon, nitrate-free
VEGETABLE PROTEIN AND STARCHES
None in this phase.
BROTHS, HERBS, SPICES, AND CONDIMENTS
- Brewer’s yeast
- Broths: beef, chicken, vegetable* Dried herbs: all types
- Fresh herbs: all types of Garlic, fresh, powdered Ginger, fresh Horseradish, prepared Mustard: prepared, dry
- Noncaffeinated herbal teas or Pero
- Natural seasonings: Bragg Liquid Aminos, coconut amino acids, tamari Pickles, no sugar added
- Seasonings: black and white peppers, cay enne, chili powder, chili paste, chipotle, cinnamon, crushed red pepper flakes, cumin, curry powder, raw cacao powder, nutmeg, onion salt, sea salt, Simply Organic seasoning
- Sweeteners: Stevia, Xy litol (birch or hardwood only ) Tabasco
- Vanilla or peppermint extract Vinegar: any ty pe (except rice)
None in this phase.
None in this phase.
BTW, don’t forget to choose organic foods whenever possible in order to gain the full benefits in Phase 2 of your Fast Metabolism Diet.
Don’t know what to eat during dinner in the Phase 2 of your Fast Metabolism Diet? Here is an amazing recipe for a Slow-Cooker Pork Roast With Pepperoncini.
Slow-Cooker Pork Roast With Pepperoncini (Protein, Veggies)
- 2 pounds boneless pork roast
- 1 cup minced pepperoncini peppers
- 1 cup pepperoncini juice
- 1 tsp, black pepper
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- ¼ tsp. dried oregano
- ¼ tsp. dried basil
- 1/8 tsp. dried rosemary
- 1/8 tsp. dry mustard, such as Colemans
- 6 cups chopped broccoli, spinach, or asparagus
- Place all the ingredients except the vegetables in a SLOW COOKER.
- Simmer on low for 6 to 8 hours or on high for 4 to 5 hours.
- Serve with the steamed broccoli, spinach, or asparagus.
Source: Haylie Pomroy
Fast Metabolism Diet‘s Phase 2 cuts out carbohydrate-rich foods and fruits with a lot of natural sugar needed on Phase 1. Instead, this phase will focus on lean proteins and alkalizing vegetables that can build muscle and stimulate your liver. This will then help increase the food you can consume down the road.
Phase 2: Lunch, Cumin Beef Kebabs
If you are searching for recipes you can eat in this part of the Fast Metabolism Diet, here is a dish perfect for your lunch.
- 1 Pound Lean Beef Sirloin, well trimmed, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 1/4 Cup Tamari
- 1/4 Cup Fresh Lime Juice
- 1 Tablespoon Ground Cumin
- Zest of 1 Lime
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
- 1 Red Onion, cut into 16 wedges
- 16 Small Whole Mushrooms
- Combine the first five ingredients in a bowl.
- Season generously with pepper.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- If you’re using wooden skewers, soak them for 20 minutes before you grill (you’ll need about 8 skewers).
- Preheat the grill or broiler to medium-high heat.
- Thread beef, onions, and mushrooms onto skewers.
- Grill or broil, turning occasionally, about 6 minutes for medium-rare
Cumin Beef Kebabs Nutrition per serving:
- 288 Calories;
- 17g Fat (52.4% calories from fat);
- 25g Protein;
- 10g Carbohydrate;
- 2g Dietary Fiber;
- 72mg Cholesterol;
- 1069mg Sodium.
The Phase 2 of the Fast Metabolism Diet, which is also called the Protein Phase, is on Wednesday and Thursday. During these days, you are not allowed to have any fruit, grains of any kind, and no added fat such as olive oil, nuts, and avocados.
Phase 2 also limits you to a narrow range of lean proteins and white and green vegetables like asparagus, broccoli, cucumbers, green beans, etc.
If you’re confused on what to eat in the morning, here is a Spinach and Mushroom Scramble breakfast recipe:
Spinach and Mushroom Scramble. Photo: hayliepomroy.com
- 4 slices turkey bacon, diced
- 1/2 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 1/2 cups chopped spinach
- 1/4 cup diced onion
- 2 tablespoons organic vegetable broth
- Sea salt and black pepper to taste
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and when hot, cook the ingredients for about 5 minutes until the onion is soft and the bacon cooked. Serve immediately.
- *Tip: I love this meal so much that I’ve been known to double the portion, have one for breakfast, and split the second over two Phase 2 snacks (because remember, your portions for protein is half the size for snacks).
Sources: Haylie Pomroy, Glamorable
Salmon is already a delicious and a healthy fish meat and cooking it on the grill reaches its full potential of tastiness as the flavor is increased and its meat becoming more favorable to the human mouth and taste buds. Adorned with dill, lemon juice, and garlic, this Phase 2 recipe is a wonderful addition to your meals during the summer season while fast and easy enough for weeknight dinners.
- 2 large salmon fillets, skin on and 1 1/2 inches thick
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons (30 mL)
- fresh dill, chopped
- 2 teaspoons (10 mL) sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 mL) garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 mL) coarse ground black pepper
- Preheat grill to medium heat. In a bowl, brush lemon juice onto the skin and then onto the flesh of the salmon fillets.
- Mix salt, black pepper, and garlic powder and sprinkle on the fillets salmon. Top dill chopped to pieces.
- Grill the salmon facing side down and cook for about 2 to 3 minutes. Work salmons away from the grill grates using a spatula with covers down.
- Once free, gently flip the fillets and allow to cook for 8 to 10 minutes still cover down and with a heat from 145 to 150 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Remove salmon fillets from the grill and place on plates garnished with lemon slices and chopped dill.
This is a simple and delicious Japanese inspired salmon recipe and perfect for those who are at the Phase 2 of the Fast Metabolism Diet Program. For more creativity and presentation, throw in your favorite fresh herbs.
- 1 salmon fillet, skin on (about 1 1/2 pounds/680 g)
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL grated ginger
- 1 green onion, chopped finely
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL Xylitol
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon/2.5 mL sea salt
- Fresh Dill leaves
- Lime wedges
- Preheat grill with medium-low heat.
- Except for the salmon fillet, combine all other ingredients in a small bowl for marination.
- Lather mixture on the flesh of the fillets and set aside for 5 or more minutes.
- Using a grill grate, cook the salmon for about 12 to 14 minutes skin-side down or until one side is cooked thoroughly at 145 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Once cooked, remove from heat and then serve with lime wedges and fresh dill leaves.
This recipe perfectly fits your summer time outdoor meals while soaking in the water at the beach or at your backyard pool. Aside from combined goodness of Asparagus and Sole, the instructions for this recipe is very easy to follow.
- 1 lb Asparagus
- 1 lb Sole Fillets (4 pieces)
- 1 tbsp prepared horseradish
- 4 tbsp lemon juice
- Sea Salt(to taste)
- Cut asparagus into 3-inch pieces. Boil in a saucepan for 5 minutes and drain water.
- Season skin of sole fillets with salt and lemon on each side.
- Place asparagus spears at one end of each fillet and roll them up with asparagus spears inside. Use toothpicks to keep it intact.
- Put fillets in a 2 quart casserole dish.
- Mix remaining ingredients and pour over fillets.
- Bake dish at 400 degrees Fahrenheit in an oven for about 15 minutes while basting fish every 5 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy!
This Phase 2 recipe mixes the delicious taste of the mushroom soup and the succulent pieces of steak meat. High in protein, the steak used in this dish are usually marinated for a long time and then broiled at high cooking temperatures. It is also perfect to serve for every meal and any occasion.
- 1 1/2 pounds London broil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Prepare the London broil for later cooking.
- Add the garlic, mushroom soup, water, basil, oregano, and salt.
- Slowly cook the London broil for 6 to 7 hours.