The Phase 1 of the Fast Metabolism Diet consists of carbs and fruits. This phase lasts for 2 days (Monday & Tuesday) and is intended to help your body relax by allowing you to eat foods that are high in carbs, moderate in proteins, and low in fats.
The foods you eat and the things you do in this phase will help stop your body’s “famine alert” state, thus allowing the first step towards boosting your metabolism.
Here is a list of foods that you can eat while on Phase 1:
- Vegetables – Broccoli, beets, bean sprouts, green leaf lettuce, onions, radish, pumpkin, peppers, tomatoes, winter squash, carrots, celery, cucumber, butternut squash, all kinds of beans, zucchini, parsnips, etc.
- Fruits- Berries, apple, watermelon, tangerine, pineapple, pomegranate, lime, lemon, mango, orange, papaya, fig, kiwi, cherry, guava, apricot, cantaloupe, etc.
- Starch & Grains – Brown rice, rice flour, brown rice crackers, brown rice pasta, brown rice cereal, black barley, quinoa, fusilli, sprouted grain bagels and bread, nut flours, tapioca, rice milk, tapioca flour, triticale, oats, etc.
- Beverages- Water and herbal tea (noncaffeinated).
- Others- Garlic, ginger, black pepper, white pepper, cinnamon, chili powder, rosemary, sage, thyme, apple cider vinegar, tomato sauce, mustard, chicken broth, vegetable broth, beef broth, pickles, tomato paste, bay leaves, cilantro, mint, chives, oregano, cumin, white vinegar, curry powder, cumin, fennel, nutmeg, basil, etc.
Here are foods that you should avoid:
- Vegetables – Potato
- Fruits – Ripe mango, jackfruit, and banana
- Protein – Beef, chicken with or without skin, lamb, fish, tofu, soy, and mushrooms
- Beverages – Aerated drinks, packaged fruit juices, packaged coconut water, and alcohol
- Others – Tomato ketchup, ranch, tartar sauce, barbecue sauce, and sweet chili sauce.
And, since a good exercise is required when it comes to losing weight, below is a morning or evening workout that you should try while on Phase 1 of the Fast Metabolism Diet:
- Arm circles – 1 set of 10 reps (clockwise and anticlockwise)
- Wrist circles – 1 set of 10 reps (clockwise and anticlockwise)
- Neck rotation – 1 set of 10 reps (clockwise and anticlockwise)
- Ankle rotation – 1 set of 10 reps (clockwise and anticlockwise)
- Leg rotation – 1 set of 10 reps (clockwise and anticlockwise)
- Waist rotation – 1 set of 10 reps (clockwise and anticlockwise)
- Jumping jacks – 2 sets of 20 reps
- Forward lunges – 1 set of 10 reps
- Jumping squat – 1 set of 10 reps
- Spot jogging – 5-7 minutes
- Mountain climbers – 2 sets of 10 reps
- Situps – 1 set of 10 reps
- Crunches – 2 sets of 10 reps
*For Phase 1 recipes, check out our previous posts.
Source: Style Craze