Try this Curry-Poached Halibut With Snap Pea Slaw Recipe for the Phase 1 of your Fast Metabolism Diet.
This dish will improve the detoxification mechanisms of your digestive tract and liver with the help of fresh cilantro, ginger, turmeric and more!
For the rice:
- 1 1/3 cups brown rice (or a brown/wild rice blend)
- 2 1/2 cups boiling water
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
For the curry paste:
- 1 large head of garlic, top 1/2 inch removed
- 1 large shallot (about 4 oz.), peeled and halved
- 3-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled
- 3-inch piece fresh lemongrass – halved lengthwise
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 4 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 1/2 teaspoons turmeric
- 3/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 medium jalapeno, stem and seeds removed
For the halibut and slaw:
- 1 1/2 cups chicken stock
- 4 garlic cloves, peeled and crushed
- 1 bay leaf
- 4 6-ounce halibut fillets
- 2 cups sugar snap peas, thinly diagonally sliced
- 2 cups thinly sliced red bell pepper
- 2 cups yellow squash, cut into matchsticks
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced shallot
- 1 small red Fresno chile, seeded and thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Preheat the oven to 375℉ degrees.
- Combine the rice, boiling water, and salt in an 8-inch square baking dish. Cover tightly with foil.
- Wrap the garlic and shallot tightly in foil. Wrap the ginger and lemongrass tightly in another piece of foil.
- Place the rice, garlic/shallot, and ginger/lemongrass in the oven and bake 1 hour.
- Squeeze the roasted garlic pulp into a food processor. Add the roasted shallot, ginger, lemongrass, and the remaining curry paste ingredients. Process into a paste.
- Place 3 tablespoons of the curry paste into a large skillet with a lid. Add the chicken stock, garlic cloves, and bay leaf, and bring to a boil. Reduce the heat, add the fish, cover, and simmer 8 minutes or until the fish is nearly opaque. Remove the pan from the heat.
- Combine the remaining 7 ingredients (snap peas through sea salt) in a bowl. Place 1 fillet in each of 4 large, shallow bowls; sprinkle each with a pinch of sea salt. Add about 1/4 cup (or as much as you like) of the poaching liquid to each bowl. Divide the snap pea mixture evenly among the bowls. Serve with the rice.
Source: HAYLIE POMROY