Baked Salmon meatballs is one of the healthiest meatball recipes you ever get to encounter. They made even better with creamy avocado sauce on top as healthy fats. This should be enjoyed on phase 3 of FMD program.
- 1 lb. skinless salmon, cut into chunks
- ½ medium onion, grated
- ¼ cup of sprouted grain breadcrumbs
- 3 tbsp minced cilantro
- 1 egg white
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- ¾ tsp sea salt
- ½ tsp ground pepper
- ½ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp ground oregano
- ¾ avocado, skin & seed removed
- 3 tbsp coconut sour cream (see note below for the recipe)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ lime, juiced
- 5 tbsp water
- 2 tbsp minced cilantro
- ¼ – ½ tsp chipotle chile powder
- ¼ tsp salt, or to taste
- ¼ tsp ground pepper
Coconut Sour Cream:
- Cream from 1 15-ounce unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 or 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/8 teaspoon sea salt
For preparing Coconut Sour Cream:
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the coconut milk, lemon juice and salt until combined.
- Adjust salt to taste and add more lemon, if desired.
- Refrigerate for about an hour before serving to allow flavors to combine.
- Depending on the coconut milk you buy, your sour cream might end up a little grainier than dairy sour cream. You can also strain it through a fine sieve if you want it extra smooth.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Coat a large baking sheet with olive oil.
- Place the salmon in the bowl of a food processor. Pulse until finely chopped, scraping down the sides as necessary. Transfer to a large bowl.
- To the salmon, add the onion, breadcrumbs, cilantro, egg white, garlic, salt, pepper, paprika and oregano. Stir to combine.
- Using a 2 tablespoon portion of the salmon mixture, form meatballs by rolling between the palms of your hands. Place the meatballs on the prepared baking sheet, spacing evenly.
- Bake until the meatballs are firm to the touch and cooked through, 15 to 18 minutes.
- Serve the meatballs with the avocado sauce.
- In the bowl of a food processor or blender, combine the avocado, coconut sour cream, garlic, lime juice, water, cilantro, chipotle chile powder, salt and pepper. Blend until smooth.