Tired of eating vegetables and meat during your Fast Metabolism Diet? Then try this Phase 3 Recipe for CACAO COOKIES that will surely complete your day!
- 4 large egg whites at room temperature 1⁄2 teaspoon arrowroot powder
- 3 tablespoons xylitol
- 1⁄4 cup unsweetened cacao powder 1⁄4 teaspoon sea salt
- 1⁄4 cup pecans or walnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- In a large mixing bowl, using a hand mixer or wire whisk, whip the egg whites and arrowroot until stiff peaks form.
- In another bowl, whisk together the cacao powder, xylitol, salt, and nuts. Slowly add the dry ingredients into the egg whites, making sure to constantly mix while you add.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Drop the batter in 1/4 cup amounts onto the parchment paper-lined baking sheet, leaving about 2 inches between each cookie. Bake for 25 minutes, rotating the baking sheet halfway through. Remove from the oven and let cool on the baking sheet. Eat or store for later.
TIP: Enjoy as a snack, as this dessert contains healthy fat. Just remember to add a Phase 3 vegetable on the side. You can also eat this after a meal if you do an additional day of exercise. –HAYLIE POMROY