Now that you’re finished with Phase 1, here are various details for the Phase 2 of your Fast Metabolism Diet.
First of all, in case you don’t know, Phase 2 is implemented on Wednesdays and Thursdays of the week. Second, while removing stress is the goal of Phase 1, Phase 2 aims to condition the ability of the body to burn fats and use it as energy. Lastly, the second phase of the Fast Metabolism Diet is focused on foods which are high in protein, low in carbs, and low in fat.
Below is a list of foods that you can eat:
- Vegetables- Asparagus, French beans, yellow beans, green beans, kale, white beans, bib lettuce, cabbage, broccoli, all types of mushrooms, onions, pepper, garlic, onion, cucumber, collard greens, rhubarb, watercress, spirulina, leek, swiss chard, spinach, etc.
- Fruits- Citrus fruits
- Protein- Lean cut beef, lean ground turkey, turkey bacon, chicken breast, turkey jerky, smoked salmon, tuna, oysters, cod, egg whites, etc.
- Beverages- Buttermilk, coconut water, fresh vegetable juice, and herbal tea.
- Others- Baking powder, cream of tartar, red wine vinegar, coconut vinegar, ginger powder, vanilla extract, black pepper, white pepper, cinnamon, chili powder, rosemary, sage, thyme, apple cider vinegar, tomato sauce, mustard, chicken broth, vegetable broth, beef broth, pickles, tomato paste, bay leaves, cilantro, mint, chives, oregano, cumin, white vinegar, curry powder, cumin, fennel, nutmeg, basil, etc.
Meanwhile, to prevent fat accumulation, here are foods that you should avoid:
- Vegetables – Potato, legumes, eggplant, bamboo shoots, sprouts, pumpkin, tomatoes, turnips, beets, carrots, sweet potatoes, zucchini, summer squash, potatoes, lemons, ketchup, lime, olives, avocados, tomato paste, and seeds and nuts.
- Fruits – Ripe mango, jackfruit, and banana.
- Beverages – Aerated drinks, packaged fruit juices, packaged coconut water, and alcohol.
- Others – Tomato ketchup, ranch, tartar sauce, barbecue sauce, and sweet chili sauce.
And, since diet is not enough, do your best to execute the following exercises during the Phase 2 of your Fast Metabolism Diet.
- Arm circles – 1 set of 10 reps (clockwise and anticlockwise)
- Wrist circles – 1 set of 10 reps (clockwise and anticlockwise)
- Neck rotation – 1 set of 10 reps (clockwise and anticlockwise)
- Ankle rotation – 1 set of 10 reps (clockwise and anticlockwise)
- Leg rotation – 1 set of 10 reps (clockwise and anticlockwise)
- Waist rotation – 1 set of 10 reps (clockwise and anticlockwise)
- Spot jogging – 8-10 minutes
- Scissor kicks – 2 sets of 10 reps
- Crunches – 2 sets of 20 reps
- Forward lunges – 2 sets of 10 reps
- Jumping squat – 1 set of 10 reps
- Sir cycling – 2 sets of 10 reps
- Horizontal scissor kicks – 2 sets of 10 reps
- Forward plank – 2 sets of 20-second plank
- Power yoga
For recipes, don’t forget to read our previous and future posts: thefastmetabolismdietcommunity.com
Source: Style Craze