Finished with Phase 1 and 2? Then let’s go on to the Phase 3 of the Fast Metabolism Diet!
This phase is for the Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays of every week and is composed of foods containing healthy fats and oil. This is also the most active part of the Fast Metabolism Diet, so, you will be able to consume a moderate amount of carbs, proteins, and fruits or veggies.
Here are foods that you can eat on Phase 3:
- Vegetables- Artichokes, Brussels sprouts, green beans, beets, butternut squash, French beans, bok choy, cauliflower, kale, radish, watercress, leek, zucchini, celery, wax beans, asparagus, spinach, sweet potato, all types of onions, lettuce (except iceberg), collard greens, fennel, eggplant, garlic, green onions, peppers, rhubarb, shallots, okra, tomatoes, celery, cabbage, palm hearts, mushrooms, olives, cucumbers, and bean sprouts.
- Fruits- Cherries, lime, lemon, grapefruit, cranberries, coconut, coconut water, coconut milk, peaches, blueberries, blackberries, raspberries, rhubarb, and prickly pears.
- Protein-Beef tenderloin, ground buffalo, chicken breast, skinless chicken, turkey, lamb chops, rabbit, sirloin steak, lean ground beef, lamb liver, roast beef, deli meat, turkey bacon, sausages, herring, shrimp, salmon, crab, calamari, lobster, smoked oysters, tuna, sea bass, trout, whole eggs, nuts, legumes, seeds, black beans, cashew milk, almond milk, pinto beans, fava beans, kidney beans, butter beans, black-eyed peas, chickpeas, lima beans, lentils, vegan cheddar cheese, great northern beans, cannellini beans, and almond cheese.
- Fats & Oil- Hazelnuts, almonds, pecan nuts, coconut milk, almond butter, almond milk, hemp seeds, coconut butter, walnut butter, walnuts, pine nuts, sunflower seeds, sunflower seed butter, peanut butter, tahini, flax seeds, chia seeds, avocados, hummus, olive oil, pistachios, sesame seeds, sesame oil, coconut oil, grapeseed oil, and rice bran oil.
- Others- Carob chips, baking powder, mint, celery seed, cream of tartar, red wine vinegar, coconut vinegar, ginger powder, vanilla extract, black pepper, white pepper, cinnamon, chili powder, rosemary, sage, thyme, apple cider vinegar, tomato sauce, mustard, chicken broth, vegetable broth, pepper flakes, cardamom, beef broth, pickles, tomato paste, bay leaves, cilantro, mint, chives, oregano, cumin, white vinegar, curry powder, cumin, fennel, nutmeg, and basil.
- Beverages – Coconut water, fresh fruit and vegetable juice, vegetable smoothies, and buttermilk.
Foods to avoid:
- Vegetables – Potato
- Fruits – Ripe mango, jackfruit, and banana
- Fats & Oils – Vegetable oil, mayonnaise, butter, lard, soyabean oil, margarine, safflower oil, and canola oil
- Beverages – Aerated drinks, packaged fruit juices, packaged coconut water, and alcohol
- Others – Tomato ketchup, ranch, tartar sauce, barbecue sauce, and sweet chili sauce
And, since Phase 3 is where you start to effectively burn a lot of calories, here are a few exercises that you should try:
- Arm circles – 1 set of 10 reps (clockwise and anticlockwise)
- Wrist circles – 1 set of 10 reps (clockwise and anticlockwise)
- Neck rotation – 1 set of 10 reps (clockwise and anticlockwise)
- Ankle rotation – 1 set of 10 reps (clockwise and anticlockwise)
- Leg rotation – 1 set of 10 reps (clockwise and anticlockwise)
- Waist rotation – 1 set of 10 reps (clockwise and anticlockwise)
- Yoga asanas
For more details check out this article by Style Craze (Source):
Fast Metabolism Diet Review