These Baked Fajita Chicken Roll-Ups are a healthy low carb, low-calorie, paleo meal that is easy to prepare and a delicious meal for Phase 3 exercises. This dish will surely impress everyone if you serve it alongside rice, veggies or warm tortillas.
For the Marinade:
- 2 tablespoon of olive oil
- 2 tablespoon of chopped cilantro
- ½ juice of lime
- 1 clove of minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon of chili powder
- ½ teaspoon of cumin
- ½ teaspoon of dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- Pinch of cayenne pepper (optional)
For the Chicken:
- 3 chicken breasts or 6 thin sliced (¼-inch thick) chicken cutlets
- ½ of sliced red bell pepper
- ½ of sliced yellow bell pepper
- ½ of sliced green bell pepper
- In a small bowl, mix olive oil, lime juice, garlic, chili powder, cumin, oregano, salt, cayenne (optional) and cilantro then set aside.
- Skip to the next step if the chicken is bought in pre-sliced cutlets. If whole chicken breasts are used, slice them in 2 even longway slices and then pound it firmly into about ¼ inch even thickness using the smooth side of a meat tenderizer.
- Place the chicken cutlets into a large resealable freezer bag and thoroughly pour marinade over the top surface. Allow chicken to marinate for an hour or up to overnight.
- Place 6 bell pepper slices in the middle of the marinated chicken cutlet, roll up and secure with a toothpick. Repeat this step until all the cutlets are rolled up. When this is already done, place seam side down in a baking dish.
- Use the remaining marinade to brush the tops of the chicken and bake for about for about 25 to 30 minutes at 375 degrees Fahrenheit or until the juices run clear.
- Serve and enjoy!