Makes 20 pancakes.
- 1 cup Fast Metabolism Baking Mix
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 4 large egg whites
- 1/2 cup peeled, finely diced apple
- In a bowl, stir together the baking mix and cinnamon. In a separate bowl, whip the egg whites with an electric mixer until soft peaks form, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Gently fold in the dry ingredients, then fold in the diced apple.
- In a hot non-stick skillet, drop about 1/3 cup of the batter, and smooth out to make eight 3-inch pancakes. Cook until small bubbles appear and the underside of the pancake is a light golden brown.
- Flip and cook for a minute more. Serve with Quick Apple Compote.
Nutritional Information (approximately 1 pancake):
- Calories: 43
- Fat: .5
- Fiber: .25
- Protein: 1.5
- Carbs: 7
Source: hayliepomroy.com, loseweightbyeating.com