Featuring a quick, easy and delectable appetizer this Halloween season, Sweet Potato Chips with Black Olives would bring a spooky feel in your kitchen but guaranteed to add fun! This appetizer is only made with 5 main, simple ingredients.
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, unpeeled
- 1/4 cup olive oil, divided
- 1 cup pitted black olives
- 3 scallions
- Pinch of Stevia
- Nonstick cooking spray
- sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400-degrees F and spray two large baking sheets with nonstick cooking spray. Slice the sweet potatoes thinly and lay out pieces in a single layer on the sheets.
- Using a silicone brush, coat each slice of sweet potato with olive oil (you’ll use about 1 tablespoon). Season with salt and pepper and bake for 10-12 minutes per side or until golden (keep an eye on them to prevent burning).
- Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
- To prepare the tapenade, place olives, scallions, stevia and remaining oil in a food processor fitted with a steel blade. Season with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper and pulse until well combined, but still slightly chunky.
- Top each piece of sweet potato with tapenade and serve.