This Sweet Potato Balls recipe is for all potato-lovers out there. Mouthwatering, appetizing, and very easy to make. So roll up your sleeves, bring out the cooking wares, and let’s start cooking.
Yield: 10-12; Serving: 4
- 1 cup cooked and mashed sweet potatoes (about 2 medium size potatoes)
- 1 cup packed grated beetroot (about 2 medium sized beetroots)
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 green chilies, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
- a small bunch of chopped coriander leaves
- 1/4 cup almond flour
- Salt to taste
- 1 cup Olive Oil
- Heat a teaspoon of oil in a heavy bottomed pan; add in the chopped onions and garlic. Saute until the onions are translucent and soft. At this stage, add in the grated beetroot, turmeric powder, salt and cumin powder.
- Cover the pan and simmer on low heat until the beetroot has turned soft.
- Turn off the heat and allow the mixture to cool completely. Once cooled, add in the almond flour, mashed sweet potatoes, coriander leaves and green chilies. Check the salt levels and combine all the ingredients well.
- Make small lemon sized balls and keep aside.
- Place the balls in a baking tray and into the preheated oven (200 C). Bake for about 30 minutes or until you see the balls beginning to turn brown/golden.
- Prick the balls with a toothpick to check if it comes out cooked and not raw.
- Turn the oven off and serve the balls with your favorite FMD compliant sauce.