This food presentation is plain awesome! How can I say no to this Stuffed Quinoa with Chicken and Pepper! Filled with nutritious chicken as main source of protein and quinoa as grain, and enriched with Italian flavors. Packed with almond cheese as healthy fats, this will definitely be added to your fave meals.
Serving: 2 stuffed pepper halves
- 6 bell peppers, halved and seeded
- 1 1/2 lbs ground chicken breast
- 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa
- 1 medium yellow onion, finely diced
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 15 oz can tomato sauce
- 1 tbsp dried basil
- 1 tbsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tbsp dried parsley
- 1/3 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 1 cup almond cheese
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Cook quinoa according to package directions.
- Preheat oven to 350, and coat a large 11” x 13” baking dish with olive oil.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium high heat. Add in onions and cook until translucent, about 2 minutes. Add in chicken, dried basil, dried oregano, dried parsley and salt and pepper, and cook until meat is no longer pink. Use a wooden spoon to break apart the meat while cooking.
- Stir in tomato sauce, and mix to combine, Remove from heat.
- Combine the chicken mixture and the prepared quinoa in a large bowl. Season with additional salt and pepper as needed.
- Spoon the mixture evenly into each pepper half. Then top each one with almond cheese (about 1 tbsp each).
- Place in oven, and cook for about 30 minutes or until peppers are tender and cheese is melted and golden. Top with fresh basil before serving.