Want to try a delicious dip for your snacks and sprouted grain tortilla chips this Halloween? Your favorite classic, flavor-packed Spooky Black Bean Hummus is the perfect deal to pair with your snacks!
- 2 cloves garlic
- 2 15-ounce cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 3 to 4 tablespoons lime (or lemon) juice
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/8 to 1/4 teaspoon chipotle pepper — to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (or to taste)
- With food processor running, drop in the garlic cloves and process until finely chopped. Add the black beans, and process until pureed. Add the remaining ingredients (use the lesser amounts) and process until smooth. Taste and correct seasonings, adding more as needed.
- Spoon the hummus into a serving dish, smoothing the top. Using a pastry bag or thinned tahini, pipe on the design. Place a plastic spider into the web, or make one yourself from black olives. Refrigerate until ready to serve.