Spinach Salad With Citrus-Grilled Pork Loin-
20 pounds or less: 1, 4-ounce bone-in pork loin chop + 2 cups of spinach
20-40 pounds: 1, 6-ounce bone-in pork loin chop + 2.5 cups of spinach
40+ pounds: 1, 6-ounce bone-in pork loin chop + 3.5 cups of spinach
- 8 ounces bone-in pork loin chops, about 1 inch thick (2, 6-ounce bone-in pork loin chops if you’re trying to lose 20-40 pounds or over 40 pounds)
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves, minced
- 3 tablespoons minced garlic
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated orange zest
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 to 7 cups fresh baby spinach (4 cups if you’re losing 20 pounds or less, 5 cups if you’re trying to lose 20-40 pounds and 7 cups if you’re trying to lose 40+ pounds)
- 1/2 orange bell pepper, sliced
- 1/4 cup sliced red onion
- Balsamic vinegar
- Pat the chops dry with paper towels. Combine the next 6 ingredients (basil through black pepper). Spread on both sides of the chops, and let them sit for about 20 minutes.
- Turn on the broiler, and place a broiler pan about 6 inches under it to preheat.
- Place the chops on the preheated broiler pan, and broil 4 to 5 minutes per side (an instant-read thermometer inserted into the center of the chop will read 145 degrees). Remove the chops to a cutting board, and let rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
- Toss the spinach, bell pepper, and onion with balsamic vinegar, sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste. Slice the chops and serve over the salad.
- ENJOY this nutritious recipe that’s full of vitamins, minerals, and phytochemicals that reduce inflammation and encourage detoxification.
Source: HAYLIE POMROY