Who would have thought that our all time favorite fruit could be turned into one great and healthy recipe? Combined with the nutritional benefits of spinach, this strawberry recipe is perfect for those who are starting the 1st Phase of the Fast Metabolism Diet program. Add to that is the mouth-watering taste of Turkey bacon all mix and made into an easy-to-make salad good for every meal of the day. Enjoy and have fun eating!!
- 5 ounces baby spinach
- 1 1/2 cups sliced strawberries
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 4 slices Turkey bacon, chopped
- 1 teaspoon whole-grain mustard
- 1 teaspoon xylitol
- 2 1/2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Mixed the spinach, strawberries, and shallots in a large bowl.
- Place the slices of Turkey bacon on a baking sheet and bake for about 10 minutes or until it becomes crispy. After letting it cool a few minutes after getting out of the oven, crumble the bacon slices.
- Put the mustard and xylitol in a skillet under mild heat. Stir the mixture until xylitol is dissolved. Add the vinegar, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and pepper to accentuate taste.
- Add the crumbled bacon slices to the salad, pour over the bacon vinaigrette, and toss until coated thoroughly. Serve immediately.