Spinach and Quinoa salad with shrimp are a great dish salad perfect for your romantic weeknight. Just you? Fret not! You can also enjoy the second portion as your lunch the next day.
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup uncooked quinoa, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt, divided
- Cooking spray
- 1/2 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh dill
- 1/4 teaspoon stevia/xylitol
- 2 cups fresh baby spinach leaves
- 1 cup thinly sliced English cucumber
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced radish
- 1/2 cup Celery, thinly sliced
1. Combine 3/4 cup water, quinoa, and 1/8 teaspoon salt in a small saucepan; bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 12 minutes or until liquid is absorbed and quinoa is tender. Cool quinoa mixture slightly.
2. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray. Sprinkle shrimp with remaining 1/8 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Add shrimp to pan; cook 2 minutes on each side or until done.
3. Combine remaining 1/4 teaspoon pepper, oil, lemon juice, dill, and stevia in a large bowl, stirring with a whisk. Add quinoa, shrimp, spinach, and remaining ingredients; toss gently to combine.