Once in a while our taste buds would look for a soup to savor. A vegetable soup is way healthier and could satisfy your cravings especially if it is enriched with bursting flavors of spiciness. Fire up your metabolism this summer with this soup!
Fresh basil adds a bright spark to this vinegary, vegetable-stuffed soup, full of the traditional flavors of the Mediterranean.
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large onion(s) diced
- 2 teaspoon paprika, hot or to taste
- 28 ounce(s) broth, vegetable
- 4 medium tomato(es), plum diced
- 1 medium squash, summer (yellow) diced
2 cup(s) potato(es) diced and cooked
1 1/2 cup(s) pinto beans
2 cup(s) spinach, frozen
2 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
1/4 cup(s) basil, fresh chopped, or prepared pesto
- Heat oil in an oven over medium heat. Add onion, cover and cook, stirring occasionally, until beginning to brown, about 6 minutes.
- Add paprika and cook, stirring, for 30 seconds. Add broth, tomatoes, squash, potatoes and beans; bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to a simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, until the vegetables are just tender, about 12 minutes.
- Stir in spinach and apple cider vinegar; continue cooking until heated through, 2 to 4 minutes more.
- Ladle soup into bowls and top with fresh basil.