This fun and spicy turkey with lettuce wraps are the perfect appetizers this Chinese New Year.
It can be served with a chili garlic sauce for extra zip and it can be tossed with delectable raspberries with lime juice for a quick dessert.
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 pound lean ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 large red bell pepper, finely diced
- 1 8-ounce can artichokes, rinsed and chopped
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 1 and 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 heads lettuce, leaves separated
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh herbs, such as cilantro, basil, mint and/or chives
- 1 large carrot, shredded
- Bring water to a boil in a small saucepan. Add quinoa
- Reduce heat to low, cover and cook for 5 minutes. Remove from the heat.
- Meanwhile, heat oil in a large nonstick pan over medium-high heat. Add turkey and ginger; cook, crumbling with a wooden spoon until the turkey is cooked through, about 6 minutes. Stir in the cooked quinoa, bell pepper, artichokes, broth, crushed tomatoes, chili powder and salt; cook until heated through, about 1 minute.
- To serve, divide lettuce leaves among plates, spoon some of the turkey mixtures into each leaf, top with herbs and carrot and roll into wraps.