How does a spicy sweet potato sounds to you? Today, we’re going to learn another sweet potato recipe that offers a different kind of taste because of its spiciness. Head on to the kitchen and check if you have Chile powder, cumin, ginger, stevia and let’s create a spicy-sweet flavor variation of this exciting dish!
- 4 pounds sweet potatoes
- 2 tablespoons nut butter
- 2 tablespoons stevia
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 2 teaspoons cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Pierce each sweet potato in several places with a fork. Place directly on the oven rack and roast until soft, 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- 2. Transfer to a cutting board; let stand until cool enough to handle, about 10 minutes. Slip off the skins and cut the sweet potatoes into 1-inch slices; transfer to a large bowl.
- 3. Add butter. Smash the sweet potatoes with a potato masher or fork until fluffy but some lumps remain.
- 4. Add stevia, chili powder, ground cumin, ginger, salt and pepper; stir to combine.