This recipe is best made during the night time or before you go to bed. Waking up with a rich nutrient, and at the same time, a taste bud favorite steel cut oatmeal for breakfast, which is totally a must have for you in the Phase 1 Fast Metabolism diet.
- 2 cups organic steel cut oats
- 8 cups water
- 2 cups rice milk
- 1/3 cup stevia or Birch xylitol
- 1/2 tsp. Kosher salt
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- In a slow cooker, cook the steel cut oats submerged with 8 cups of water for about 7-8 hours.
- Sprinkle salt and stevia or Birch xylitol.
- Accentuate flavor with vanilla extract and ground cinnamon.
- Freeze it overnight. If you are cooking during the day, no need to put in the freezer.
- Let it defrost before eating.
- To add a creamy texture, rice milk is a suitable addition.