Shrimp with White Beans and Cashew Cheese is a Tuscan-inspired stew recipe that will make a perfect romantic supper for two, though it can easily be doubled.
You can also enjoy its leftovers with a piece of sprouted grain bread to serve as your healthy snack. Chop the fresh fennel fronds and stir a little into the shrimp mixture, top a fresh salad, or make a pesto.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped garlic
- 1 cup finely chopped fennel bulb
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh oregano
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- 3/4 cup unsalted chicken stock
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can unsalted cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 bay leaf
- 8 ounces medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 ounce crumbled Cashew cheese (about 1/4 cup)
- Heat a large saucepan over medium heat. Add oil; swirl to coat. Add garlic; sauté 30 seconds or until fragrant.
- Add fennel, onion, and oregano; sauté 5 minutes or until lightly browned. Add tomato; cook 2 minutes. Add stock, beans, and bay leaf. Reduce heat to low; cover and simmer 10 minutes.
- Gently stir in shrimp; cook 2 minutes or until shrimp are done. Remove bay leaf; discard. Stir in parsley and pepper. Sprinkle cashew cheese over top.
- Serve and enjoy eating!