Who doesn’t love pasta? All of us are craving for sweet and delectable pasta recipes, if not for its impending risks of weight gain and other health issues, we would have long succumbed to those cravings. But fret not! The fast metabolism diet community wants you to enjoy eating healthy foods (even pastas) without worrying about sabotaging your diet!
And since we know that a Mother’s day celebration will not be perfect without a pasta recipe, we present our Shrimp Pasta with Pomodoro Sauce! Relish in the sweet perfect blend of shrimp, spices, and your homemade pomodoro sauce paired with the miraculous Konja Noodles!
These Konjac Noodles will satisfy your cravings for pasta while giving you a fulfilling sensation without ruining your diet! So what are you waiting for? Let’s start cooking this mouthwatering pasta recipe!
- 1 lb. large shrimp
- salt, pepper, for taste
- 1/2 cup olive oil, divided
- 4 cloves garlic
- 4 cups diced fresh tomatoes or halved cherry tomatoes
- 2 cups chicken or vegetable broth
- ½ cup fresh basil leaves, cut or torn into small pieces
- salt to taste
- SHRIMP: Heat 1/4 cup of olive of oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the shrimp and season with salt and pepper. Cook until pink, about 2 minutes per side. Remove shrimp from the pan and set aside.
- POMODORO SAUCE: In the same pan, heat the remaining 1/4 cup of oil over medium low heat and toss the garlic in. Saute for a minute or two until it smells amazing. Add the tomatoes and broth and simmer for 10-ish minutes. The tomatoes will start to become saucy, and gradually that sauce will start to thicken. This is good.
- KONJAC NOODLES: Cook according to package directions. Drain and set aside.
- ALL TOGETHER NOW: Add the basil to the thickened sauce and stir to combine. If it needs thickening, let it hang out on low heat for just a little while longer. Season to taste. When the sauce is ready, add the shrimp back in. Serve the sauce over top of the pasta with a little Parm, salt, and pepper.