Salmon with Raspberry Balsamic? How does that sounds to you? Well, this recipe is an easy, fancy creation that is incredibly good for you. Salmon is packed with omega-3 fats that are great for your heart, mood and brain functioning. Add a pinch of juicy limes and raspberry goodness and your mouth will be filled with oozing goodness. Try this on Phase 1!
- 6 fresh raspberries
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon juice from squeezed lime
- pinch of stevia
- 1 teaspoon of chicken stock
- 4-ounce skinless salmon fillet
- Mash raspberries and vinegar together with a fork in a small bowl.
- Stir in the lime juice, stevia and chicken stock until combined. Set aside.
- Heat your non-sticky saucepan over medium heat. Cook salmon about 4 minutes per side, or until the fish is cooked through. Set aside.
- Remove the skillet from the heat and carefully wipe away any liquid with a paper towel.
- Return skillet to medium heat and add the reserved raspberry mixture. Stirring constantly, cook 2 minutes, or until just thickened.
- Pour sauce over salmon and serve with asparagus on the side.