- 2 15-ounce cans chickpeas, rinsed, drained and dried well
- 1 tablespoon freshly-grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon fresh rosemary, chopped
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Preheat your oven to 425°F.
- Place the well-dried chickpeas to a rimmed baking sheet and roast them for 10 minutes. Then take the pan from oven and using a spatula, loosen up the chickpeas that stick to the bottom of the pan. Put the pan back to the oven and roast for additional 10 minutes until chickpeas are crisp.
- Check the chickpeas if they’re ready by pressing with your finger. The chickpeas should be crisp on the outside while soft in the inside.
- Mix the paprika, olive oil, cumin, curry powder, salt, rosemary, thyme and lemon zest in a medium-sized bowl. Add the roasted chickpeas to the bowl and toss them carefully until the chickpeas are well coated. Place the chickpeas to the baking sheet and roast for additional 4-5 minutes. After taking out of the over, allow 2-3 minutes to cool off. Serve warm.
Serves 3 1/2 cups