A great way to celebrate the 4th of July besides firework-watching is conversations over a great meal with loved ones and friends. Hence, we offer you this Roasted Barbeque Beef recipe to grace the dinner table on this momentous event.
Servings: 8; Serving size: 3
- 2 lbs beef roast (chuck, arm, pot, etc)
- Homemade BBQ Sauce (recipe here)
- Place the beef roast with 1-2 cups water in a crockpot.
- Cook on low for 6-8 hours.
- About 1 hour before serving, prepare the sauce.
- Heat the BBQ sauce in a small saucepan and bring to a boil.
- Boil for about 5 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Remove the beef from the crockpot and drain off the excess liquid and grease.
- Using two forks, pull the beef apart into long strings.
- Place the beef back into the crockpot with 2/3 of the sauce.
- Cook on high for 30-45 minutes, or until ready to serve.
- Serve with additional BBQ sauce, if desired.