Some of us skip cardio workout, since it tends to be time consuming. But, did you know you can achieve faster results from short cardio exercises. Going for a fast and energetic cardio workout can burn more calories and speeds up your metabolism better than slow and steady running. These short and intense exercises can improve you cardiovascular health as much as running. So here are the quick cardio workouts you can do at home:
The Leg Matrix
You should do 1 set of each workout without any rest and take note of the time it took you to complete the circuit. Then you can rest twice that time and repeat the circuit. If you can finish the first circuit in 90 seconds, skip your rest period.
1. Body-Weight Squat: 36 reps
2. Body-Weight Alternating Lunge: 18 reps for each leg
3. Boy-Weight Split Jump: 18 reps for each leg
4. Body Weight Jump Squat: 36 reps
You can repeat the series twice without resting. Do this for 3 rounds.
1. Body-Weight Jump Squat: To do this, lower your body until you thighs parallel the flow. After that jump as high as you can. Repeat this for 20 seconds.
2. Body-Weight squat: Do as many reps as you can within 20 seconds.
3. Isometric Squat: Lower your body until your thighs is parallel to the floor and pause. Hold the position for 30 seconds.
For this part you can choose between option 1 or 2. You need to alternate the two exercises without resting. For the first round, do 10 reps each. For the second do 9 reps, after that, do 8 reps for the third round and so on. Go as low as you can until you reach zero. If you reached zero, you will start with 11 reps for the second week.
1. Single-arm Dumbbell Swing
In an overhand grip, hold a dumbbell at arm’s length in front of you waist. Bend at your hips and knees, and then lower your torso until it’s at a 45-degrees angle to the floor. Swing the dumbbell between your legs and then thrust your hips forward and swing the dumbbell up to the chest level as you stand. Then reverse the move, and repeat.
2. Squat Thrust
Stand with your feet shoulder-width apart and your arms at your sides. Push your hips back, bend your knees, and then lower your body as low as you can into a squat. Now kick your legs backward so that you’re in a push up position. Then quickly bring your legs back to a squat. Stand up quickly and repeat the entire move.
1. Body-Weight Jump Squat
2. Explosive Push-Up
Assume a push up position; your hands should be slightly beyond shoulder width. Your body should form a straight line from your ankles to your head. Bend your elbows and lower body until your chest nearly touches the floor. Press yourself up with enough force that your hands leave the floor.