Living a healthy lifestyle is a choice that we get to make on a daily basis. The challenges and temptations are rampant in our society but at the end of the day, it all boils down to the choices that we make.
Hence, being able to make an INFORMED decision/choice is one of the key factors in making our diet plan work. Forgetting the basic rules in weight loss is a big no-no. And so, we’ve compiled these top 50 specific questions raised by our dieters that will serve as a refresher on how the fast metabolism diet plan works.
1. I found myself gaining weight in Phase 3.
Try using starchy vegetables instead of grains. Substitute sweet potato, beans, or winter squash at dinner instead of rice or quinoa.
2. Can I have RAW (no other ingredients added) honey, agave, and maple syrup as my sweetener?
The only allowed sweetener during the fast metabolism diet plan is stevia and xylitol. You can use other raw sweeteners in maintenance.
3. Can I start Phase 1 on any day?
Absolutely. Starting Phase 1 on Monday is only a typical guide for our meal map. You can start at any day you want.
4. I am feeling hungry all the time! What should I do?
You can consume phase-specific vegetables and increase your water intake. Water keeps you full and is great in helping you control that pesky over-eating urges.
5. How to control binge eating and cravings after lunch and dinner?
Divert your attention elsewhere other than eating. Read a book or play an instrument. Here are some great tips on how to control your unhealthy indulgence.
6. Fruit contains sugar. Should I eat it?
Yes, you can eat it raw, fresh, or frozen (not dry). Just don’t drink it in the form of juice.
7. Why does kale taste so gross but everyone raves about it?
You have to “massage” it.
8. What’s the deal with celebrities cutting dairy and losing so much weight?
Lactose can cause bloating.
9. Smoothies or juices?
Go for smoothies. Juices can spike your blood sugar quickly.
10. Can I eat all types of fish?
No. Avoid eating tilapia, catfish, and swordfish as much as possible. They are farmed and are primarily fed by antibiotics and soy.
11. Is coffee good for me?
No. Avoid coffee as much as possible. Here are healthier coffee alternatives.
12. Is wheat bread always better than white?
No. They still contain gluten. Go for sprouted wheat bread instead.
13. Margarine or butter?
Neither. It is always better to go for olive oil (in Phase 3).
14. What’s the first thing I should do when I wake up?
Eat your breakfast or snack 30 minutes within waking up and drink a glass of water.
15. What’s the healthiest nut to eat?
16. Should I eat the yolk?
It is recommended to eat the yolks only on Phase 3.
17. Can I eat beans?
Of course! You can substitute beans (or other legumes) for meat, especially if you’re a vegetarian.
18. Which is healthier, chicken or turkey?
Turkey. Click here for healthy turkey recipes.
19. Any tricks to get my kids to eat vegetables?
Here are some tips to encourage your kids in eating veggies
20. What can I add to my smoothies to make them healthier?
Healthy fats like avocado, chia seeds, and flax seeds.
21. Which oatmeal should I eat?
Go for steel cut oatmeals. No instant!
22. Cacao or Cocoa? Which is which?
Cocoa is just another term for cacao. They are basically the same!
23. Can I have my cheat day?
If possible, no. But if it’s inevitable to attend parties and special events, apply these tips to minimize its effects in your metabolism. Remember that moderation is the key.
24. Should I take my vitamin supplements?
Yes, you can take them while you’re on the fast metabolism diet. However, you need to remember that nothing beats a healthy diet. Your supplement intake should go along with healthy diet and exercise.
25. Can I drink an alcoholic beverage?
Like coffee, alcohol is a major metabolism killer. If possible, avoid it. If it’s inevitable, your best option would be organic sulfite-free red wine. Here are some tips for dealing with alcoholic drinks
26. I am confused regarding the protein/fat in Phase 3. Do I have to eat either one or both?
27. I messed up! Should I start over?
You don’t need to. Move on and get back on track during your next meal/snack.
28. I am a vegetarian/vegan. What can I use as a replacement for meat in Phase 1 and 3?
You can substitute it with legumes. Here are healthy tips for vegetarians.
29. Are veggie chips healthy?
30. True or false: Chocolate is actually healthy?
Only if it’s 70%+ cacao. Check out our mouthwatering chocolate recipes.
31. Soup or salad?
Soup. Vegetable soup!
32. What’s the deal with BPA?
It’s like dosing with estrogen. Go for BPA free water container.
33. Is fresh fruit healthier than frozen?
No. Frozen is usually better.
34. Pinto, navy, kidney: Are all beans the same?
Darker beans mean more nutrition.
35. What’s is the condiment that I should keep?
36. What’s the single most important healthy resolution I can make?
Eat less sugar.
37. I can lose weight in the summer, but I regain it in the fall. Help!
To get back on track, try to think about how you lost the weight in the first place. “Whatever worked for you then will probably work for you in a maintenance phase,” says Jenna A. Bell Wilson, Ph.D., R.D.
38. What kind of water can I drink in Fast Metabolism Diet?
The best choice would be a natural spring water. You can have Seltzer or Perrier water after you’ve met your water requirement.
39. I am having a severe headache as I started the diet.
You are most likely having a caffeine withdrawal. You can apply these tips to alleviate the pain you’re experiencing.
40. How about a few more days?
If you’re still having headaches after a few more days, it might be caused by sugar craving. Check out these remedies to fight intense sugar cravings.
41. I am craving for pasta! What can I substitute for pasta?
You can have brown rice pasta and quinoa pasta for Phase 1. Quinoa, Kamut, buckwheat, and spelt or sprouted pasta.
42. Is salmon allowed in each phase? I thought only in phase 3 since it only lists smoked salmon nitrate free in all phases
Only Smoked Salmon is allowed in Phase 2. However, you get to enjoy a little bit of freedom when you reach phase 3 as you can chow on any Salmon dish when you reach this phase. All must be nitrate-free though.
43. Are meat portions measured as raw or cooked?
44. Is v8 juice allowed in the diet? It’s not a fruit juice.
Any kind of juice is not allowed in the diet.
45. The recipe I want to cook has ingredients that are not allowed in the diet. What should I do?
You can find a substitute for the ingredients that are allowed in the fast metabolism diet here.
46. What is whipped cream composed of?
Egg whites and almond/coconut/rice milk (depending on your Phase).
47. Is tahini allowed in the diet?
Only in Phase 3.
48. Is there a difference between the various Phase 1s throughout the four weeks? (Same question for other Phases)
No. It is still the same phase. But you can vary your foods and exercise every week as long as it is still phase specific.
49. Is there an android version for the fast metabolism app?
The android app for the fast metabolism diet is now available! Get it on Google play.
50. Where can I get some delectable and healthy recipe ideas?
Browse our Pinterest page for healthy and delectable fast metabolism diet recipes.