Here are 10 delicious meatless recipes that you can enjoy on Easter! Everybody will fall in love with these mouth-watering vegan recipes that they wouldn’t mind going vegan for awhile! So head on to the kitchen now and check out what we can cook for today! Take a sneak peak of our featured recipes in the eBook below!
Quinoa Chili – Phase 3 (Meatless Recipe – PERFECT for Vegetarian/Vegan)!
This vegetarian, protein-packed chili is the perfect bowl of comfort food that you can eat and indulge guilt-free!
- 1 cup quinoa
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 (14.5-ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 (15-ounce) can tomato sauce (or crushed tomatoes)
- 1 (4.5-ounce) can dice green chiles
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chili powder, or more, to taste
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- dash of Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 1 (15-ounce) can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15-ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro leaves
- Juice of 1 lime, optional
- 1 avocado, halved, seeded, peeled and diced
- In a large saucepan of 2 cups water, cook quinoa according to package instructions; set aside.
- Heat olive oil in a Dutch oven or large pot over medium-high heat. Add garlic and onion, and cook, stirring frequently until onions have become translucent about 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in quinoa, diced tomatoes, tomato sauce, green chiles, chili powder, cumin, paprika, cayenne pepper and 1-2 cups water, making sure to cover most of the ingredients; season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- Reduce heat to low; simmer, covered, until thickened, about 30 minutes. Stir in beans, cilantro, and lime juice, if using until heated through, about 2 minutes.
- Serve immediately with avocado, if desired.
Note: You can add heavy cream if you want (as displayed in the picture). Here are the ingredients and instructions in making the heavy cream:
- 3/4 cup heavy cream (made of egg whites and coconut milk)
- Mix equal amounts of egg whites with coconut milk to make a low-calorie heavy cream substitute. Mix the ingredients until there are no more lumps in your mixture.