An easy-to-make Barbacoa Beef Phase 3 Recipe with a squeeze of lime nails it. For tough cuts of meat, the pressure cooker makes it easy enough for anyone to prepare this recipe as it seals the flavors of spices and tenderizes the meat faster.
- 2 ½ pounds of chuck or round bottom roast (trimmed of excess fat)
- 1 cup of beef broth
- 1 medium onion (see notes)
- 3 tbsp of apple cider vinegar
- ¼ cup of lime juice
- 1 tbsp of tomato paste
- 6 cloves of garlic
- 2-4 chipotle of peppers
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 4 tsp of ground cumin
- 1 tbsp of dried oregano
- ½ tsp of ground cloves
- 2 bay leaves
- sea salt and pepper
- Blend altogether the beef broth, tomato paste, onion, vinegar, cloves, lime juice, garlic, chipotle peppers, cumin, and oregano until the mixture becomes smooth.
- Cut the chuck or round bottom into 3 to 4 pieces and sprinkle a pinch of salt and pepper on all sides.
- Heat half of the olive oil in a pressure cooker. In two batches, sear the meat for about 7 to 8 minutes. Add all the beef in the pressure cooker with the blended mixture of sauce and bay leaves. Cover the pressure cooker and let it cook for about 60 up to 70 minutes depending upon the thickness of the meat.
- Allow the pressure to release naturally or turn to the ‘vent’ setting to do this quickly. Allow it to vent thoroughly before removing the lid.
- Discard the bay leaves.
- Shred the beef using two forks then add it in the juice. Cover and let the beef immerse in the juice for about 10 minutes or so.
- Serve and enjoy!