For a meal loaded with B vitamins that will help convert your food into energy, try out this classic recipe for Phase 3 of your Fast Metabolism Diet:
- 1/2 cup finely chopped pecans
- 1 slice sprouted grain bread, ground into crumbs
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley, divided
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill, divided
- Sea salt
- Freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup olive oil, divided (extra needed to brush baking sheet)
- Four 6-ounce rainbow trout ﬁllets, boneless, skin-on
- 1 ½ pounds asparagus, tough ends snapped off (about 4 cups)
- 1 ½ pounds cherry tomatoes (about 4 cups)
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine the pecans, breadcrumbs, half of the parsley and dill, ½ teaspoon sea salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper in a small mixing bowl. Add 2 tablespoons olive oil and stir until everything is moistened.
- Brush a rimmed baking sheet with olive oil and place the trout ﬁllets on it, skin side down. Season the fillets with salt and pepper. Press the pecan mixture evenly onto the ﬁllets. In a large bowl, toss the asparagus and tomatoes with the remaining olive oil, ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Arrange the veggies around the fish. Scrape out any oil and seasonings remaining in the bowl, and drizzle it over the veggies.
- Bake 10 minutes, until the ﬁsh is nearly opaque. The pecan crust should be lightly browned. Sprinkle with the remaining fresh parsley and dill, and serve.
Source: HAYLIE POMROY