Have you tried grilling veggies? Well, maybe it’s time for you to know that Eggplant is also one of those healthy vegetables which suit the process of grill cooking. Basic grilled eggplant is a simple side dish that lets the vegetable’s flavor pops out. This dish is also perfect for the Phase 2 of the Fast Metabolism Diet Program, perfect for those who want a low glycemic meat.
- 1 large globe eggplant (about 1 lb.), trimmed and cut into 1/2-inch-thick rounds
- 3 Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil; more as needed
- Kosher salt
- Prepare a medium-high charcoal or gas grill fire.
- Apply olive oil on both sides of the eggplants slices. Season with a reasonable amount of salt.
- A gas grill should be used with a cover on it and a charcoal grill without a cover. Grill the eggplant until golden brown-colored marks can be seen on one side or over 3 to 4 minutes of grilling.
- Grill the other side of the vegetable until tender marks appear or 3 to 4 minutes of grilling. The inner would be grayish and soft rather than white and hard.
- Serve warm or cool it down. Serve and enjoy!
This Phase 2 recipe mixes the delicious taste of the mushroom soup and the succulent pieces of steak meat. High in protein, the steak used in this dish are usually marinated for a long time and then broiled at high cooking temperatures. It is also perfect to serve for every meal and any occasion.
- 1 1/2 pounds London broil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Prepare the London broil for later cooking.
- Add the garlic, mushroom soup, water, basil, oregano, and salt.
- Slowly cook the London broil for 6 to 7 hours.
This recipe is best made during the night time or before you go to bed. Waking up with a rich nutrient, and at the same time, a taste bud favorite steel cut oatmeal for breakfast, which is totally a must have for you in the Phase 1 Fast Metabolism diet.
- 2 cups organic steel cut oats
- 8 cups water
- 2 cups rice milk
- 1/3 cup stevia or Birch xylitol
- 1/2 tsp. Kosher salt
- 1 1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- In a slow cooker, cook the steel cut oats submerged with 8 cups of water for about 7-8 hours.
- Sprinkle salt and stevia or Birch xylitol.
- Accentuate flavor with vanilla extract and ground cinnamon.
- Freeze it overnight. If you are cooking during the day, no need to put in the freezer.
- Let it defrost before eating.
- To add a creamy texture, rice milk is a suitable addition.
Having problems with cereal breakfast that does not satisfy you and leave your stomach bloated? Then this recipe is for you. Quinoa Berry Bowl is good for someone who is trying to achieve a high protein diet, healthy fat, and fiber in the Phase 1 of the Fast Metabolism Diet Program. This dish is particularly very convenient for individuals who need to wake up early for work and other important activities since it is easy to prepare and doesn’t consume much of your time.
- 1 cup (175 to 250 mL) cooked quinoa
- ½ cup (125 mL) strawberries, chopped
- ¾ cup (175 mL) rice milk
- In a bowl of any size, mix the cooked quinoa and berries and stir.
- Pour the milk on top of the mixture. Serve and enjoy.
A meal that is easy to prepare and cook, Grilled Salmon with Avocado Salsa is also rich in protein which has a salsa just spot on that will surely satisfy your taste buds. This Phase 3 recipe is good for all occasions and for every meal of the day with your family and friends.
- 2 lbs salmon, cut into 4 pieces
- 1 tbs olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp paprika powder
- 1 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp black pepper
- For the Avocado salsa:
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 1/2 small red onion, sliced
- Juice from 2 limes
- 1-2 tbs finely chopped cilantro (depending on how big of a cilantro lover you are)
- Salt to taste
- On a small bowl, mix together the salt, chili powder, cumin, paprika, onion and black pepper. With olive oil, massage the mixture on the salmon fillets to taste.
- Let sit and cool it for at least 30 minutes.
- Heat up the grill.
- Mix together the avocado, onion, cilantro, lime juice, and salt in a small bowl until ready enough to be added.
- Grill the salmon fillets for about 5 minutes or until cooked thoroughly
- Furnish with the avocado. Serve and enjoy!
Nowadays, orange is often used in all meals not just in preparing smoothies or punch. It can now be added in meals for breakfast, lunch and dinner which makes this fruit is perfectly suitable to be added to this Vitamin C rich salad and protein combined green Spinach. You would enjoy the taste of this dish while just starting the 1st Phase of the Fast Metabolism Diet program.
- 6 slices beef fillet
- 2 oranges, zested
- 2 small oranges, juiced or 1 large orange, juiced
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, peeled
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 10 to 12 ounces pre-washed spinach
- Heat the oven for 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Put the beef on a baking sheet and then cook it until it turns into a crumble or up to 10 minutes. Pull the beef out of the oven and let it cool down. Tear the fillet slices and place in a container and store it in the refrigerator.
- Mix together the orange zest, orange juice, balsamic vinegar, garlic, salt, and pepper then blend until smooth. Relocate to a container and store it in the refrigerator.
- In a large bowl, place the spinach and add enough vinaigrette in order to coat the spinach. Sprinkle the fillet crumbles and mix with vinaigrette.
- Serve and enjoy!
A chicken and mushroom soup recipe that is healthy and flavorful. This meal is cranked up with high healthy –fat ingredients that help your body unleash your hormones. A perfect appetizer for those who are in their 3rd Phase of the Fast Metabolism Diet program. With its unique flavor and savory taste, this meal will surely fill you while still maintaining that good body shape.
- 1/2 cup wild black rice, cooked
- 1/2 pound chicken breast, shredded
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 10 ounces sliced mushrooms
- 1/2 cup yellow onions, diced
- 1/2 red pepper, diced
- 1 carrot, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme
- 1-quart chicken broth
- Salt and pepper
- Fresh parsley, garnish
- Cook the chicken, and let it simmer for 15 minutes until completely cooked.
- Shred the chicken into medium-sized strands and let seat.
- In a large pot, add all 10 ounces of mushrooms and drizzle with olive oil.
- Add a big pinch of salt for its seasoning and let it cook for about 6-8 minutes over medium-high heat until it starts to get a brown color and releases its moisture.
- After the mushrooms have seared, add the red pepper, onion, and carrot and let it cook until the vegetables are soft.
- To finish the soup, add the garlic and thyme and then stir to blend it well.
- Add the stock, the shredded chicken, and the cooked wild rice.
- Season the whole meal with salt and pepper. Serve and enjoy!
If you love seafood, then this healthy and delicious recipe would be perfect for both fancy or simple dinner or lunch. Mixed with the healthy bits of artichokes and tomatoes, the recipe is perfect for Phase 3 exercises. Combined with wild rice and a delicious shrimp, the food will not only satisfy you but it will also give you the benefit of a healthy stomach.
- 2 cups wild rice, uncooked
- 1 can (14.5 oz each) Tomato
- 1 can (14 oz each) quartered artichoke hearts in water, drained
- 1 pound medium peeled and deveined shrimp with tail, thawed if frozen
- 1/2 cup sliced green onions
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Lemon wedges, optional
- First, cook the wild rice or under the directions stated on the packaging. For the meantime, put the undrained tomatoes and artichokes in a 10-inch skillet and mix and cook it over medium-high heat for 4 to 5 minutes or just until it boils.
- Add the shrimps; cook for 2 to 3 minutes or wait until it turns pink, stir it frequently. Put and stir the remaining ingredients, except lemon. For the best way in serving, put it over rice with a squeeze of lemon juice.
Who would have thought that our all time favorite fruit could be turned into one great and healthy recipe? Combined with the nutritional benefits of spinach, this strawberry recipe is perfect for those who are starting the 1st Phase of the Fast Metabolism Diet program. Add to that is the mouth-watering taste of Turkey bacon all mix and made into an easy-to-make salad good for every meal of the day. Enjoy and have fun eating!!
- 5 ounces baby spinach
- 1 1/2 cups sliced strawberries
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 4 slices Turkey bacon, chopped
- 1 teaspoon whole-grain mustard
- 1 teaspoon xylitol
- 2 1/2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Mixed the spinach, strawberries, and shallots in a large bowl.
- Place the slices of Turkey bacon on a baking sheet and bake for about 10 minutes or until it becomes crispy. After letting it cool a few minutes after getting out of the oven, crumble the bacon slices.
- Put the mustard and xylitol in a skillet under mild heat. Stir the mixture until xylitol is dissolved. Add the vinegar, 1/4 teaspoon salt, and pepper to accentuate taste.
- Add the crumbled bacon slices to the salad, pour over the bacon vinaigrette, and toss until coated thoroughly. Serve immediately.
During the summer season, we cannot help but crave with that cold and refreshing drink that will quench our thirst after a day’s exercise or after getting out of the beach water while basking under the scorching heat of the sun. Berry and Avocado Smoothie is a good treat for you which you can share with your friends and family. This smoothie is made for those who are already at Phase 3 of the Fast Metabolism Diet Program and will prove that breaks should not necessarily be boring and bland.
- 1 Avocado From Mexico halved, pitted and peeled
- 2 cups frozen mixed berries not thawed
- 2 cups cranberry fruit juice
- In a blender jar, combine avocado, frozen berries, and juice; whirl until smooth.