Wanna enjoy a delicious SUSHI BOWL that will satisfy your cravings and boost your metabolism?
Then try this amazing Fast Metabolism Sushi Bowl recipe from Haylie Pomroy that makes use of shirataki rice, which is compliant on all phases of the FMD diet!
- 2 packages shirataki rice
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 1 tablespoon tamari
- 2 teaspoons dark sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 5 drops stevia
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil
- 2 6-ounce wild caught tuna steaks, each about 1 inch thick
- Coarsely ground black pepper
- 4 radishes (or daikon radish), sliced
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 nori sheets, crumbled
- 1 small cucumber, cut into matchsticks
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- 1/2 tablespoon sesame seeds
- Pickled ginger
- Wasabi powder – making into a paste (note: if you cannot find a compliant wasabi powder that is 100% wasabi root or, do not like the heat, omit it from the recipe)
- Prepare the rice according to package directions. Chill it in the fridge while you prepare the rest of the sushi bowl.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the next eight ingredients (tahini through stevia). Set aside.
- Heat the grapeseed oil in a heavy skillet over high heat. Pat the tuna steaks dry with paper towels. Season liberally with black pepper and place them in the pan. Cook undisturbed for 1 minute, then flip and cook 1 minute more (the tuna should be rare to medium-rare – but cook it according to your taste). Transfer the tuna to a cutting board, and let it rest for 5 minutes before slicing across the grain.
- Assemble the bowls: Divide the rice, seared tuna, radish, green onion, nori, cucumber, avocado, and sesame seeds evenly between two bowls. Drizzle the dressing over the top, and garnish with pickled ginger.
Source: HAYLIE POMROY