Now that the Lenten season is being observed by many Christians, the anxiety of our fast metabolism dieters could escalate because this season reminds us also to go fasting. It’s the time when we are called upon to give up some vices and live a simple life so we can share to the needy. Oftentimes, Turkey, Chicken, Pork and meat recipes are commonly the ones to give up on Holy Week. As an effect, we might end up worrying of the outcome the fasting practice brings to us. Fasting could somehow disrupt the diet flow but let us realize that it could also be the best time to lose weight and give up some of our favorite foods.
To anticipate for the Holy Week, The Fast Metabolism Diet Community will be posting tips, recipes and other related topics to deal the significant week properly. To start off our fast metabolism diet lenten series, here’s a healthy Fish recipe for Phase 3, you can try – Lemon Herb Baked Salmon.
This recipe is quick and easy to make, and you can also serve it with a fresh, green salad or baked potato for a satiating and delicious meal.
- 1/2 cup extra olive oil
- 2 tsp. freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 tsp. dried oregano
- 2 tsp. dried basil
- 1/2 tsp. sea salt
- 1/2 tsp. freshly ground pepper
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 salmon fillets (skinless) – approximately 6 ounces (180 grams) each
- Preheat oven to 375°F (190°C). Spray a broiler pan with non-stick spray.
- In a small bowl, mix together all ingredients except salmon.
- Place salmon in a pan. Pour marinade over salmon. Marinate for 1/2 hour.
- Discard marinade. Place salmon on the broiler pan. Bake in the oven for 5-6 minutes on each side, or until fish flakes easily.
- Serve. Enjoy eating!
Yields: 4 servings.