Jicama is a juicy, sweet, and nutty vegetable with a crunch different from other vegetables of the same family. While it is most commonly enjoyed raw, this recipe uses Jicama as a fried delicacy which will really help you on your goals to lose weight. Aside from that, it is very easy and consumes little time to cook, making it a very good and tasty Phase 3 recipe.
1 pc. jicama
1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
1/4 teaspoon garlic granules
1/4 teaspoon granulated onion
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/4 teaspoon sea salt
Pinch of black pepper
- Preheat your oven 400°F.
- Peel the jicama and cut into a fry shape.
- In a medium saucepan bring enough water to cover the jicama to boil on medium heat, add the jicama and boil for 8 minutes, or until jicama is less crunchy.
- Drain the water put the jicama slices in a large bowl and toss with crushed pepper flakes, garlic, onion, cayenne pepper and sea salt.
- Place in a single layer on top of parchment paper on a baking sheet.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until crispy, turning halfway.
- When other half is thoroughly cooked, put on a bowl. Serve and enjoy.