Italian Style Canned Tuna Salad is packed with fresh vegetables and olives that it can easily stand on its own as a nutritious and healthy diet meal. The right amount of oil in the tuna dressed the salad perfectly, the quality and freshness of the ingredients shine through without its encumbrance. A very easy to prepare and non-creamy additions to the salad make for a light but very filling, protein-packed Phase 3 lunch recipe.
- 2 cans of Genova Yellowfin Tuna in Pure Olive Oil (not drained)
- 1-1¼ cups of drained diced tomato
- ½ cup of chopped parsley leaves
- ½ of a (6 oz.) can of black olives, sliced
- ½ cup of a large diced sweet yellow pepper
- ¼ cup of fine diced red onion
- ¼ cup of chopped green olives without pimento
- 1 clove of minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon of fresh lemon juice
- ¼ teaspoon of sea salt
- Open the cans of the yellow-finned tuna and it into a large bowl. Using a fork, gently break the tuna meat into small pieces.
- Mix all the ingredients into the bowl but do not break the tuna too much.
- Serve as a salad on a plate or as a sandwich. This receipe can be refrigerated for up to two days.