This hangover chicken soup’s nutritious elements of fry-up breakfast tend to be a good rehydrating soup for those who caught a cold this Winter. Get the health benefits of this soothing chicken soup that’s generally good for you.
- 400g cherry tomatoes
- 1 tbsp Tabasco sauce
- 1 small onion, halved and thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, ﬁnely chopped
- 3 tbsp tamari
- 250g mushrooms, roughly chopped
- 750ml chicken stock (or use mushroom stock for a vegetarian option)
- 400g canned haricot beans, drained and rinsed (240g drained weight)
- 1 tsp nutritional yeast
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Small bunch of parsley, roughly chopped
- Tabasco sauce (for serving)
1 Preheat the oven to 240C/gas mark 9. Place half of the cherry tomatoes in a small roasting dish with the Tabasco sauce, a pinch of salt and a generous grinding of pepper. Roast for 15 minutes.
2 Sauté the onion and garlic on a low heat in 1 tbsp of Tamari sauce and 2 tbsp water, stirring regularly to prevent them catching and burning. Add more water if necessary. After about 10 minutes, when nicely browned and caramelised, add the mushrooms and remaining tomatoes and cook for a further 3-4 minutes.
3 Add the stock and haricot beans, bring to the boil and cook for 15-20 minutes.
4 Season with the remaining Tamari, nutritional yeast, and pepper if needed. Serve topped with the Tabasco-roasted tomatoes, some chopped parsley and Tabasco sauce on the side for an added kick!