Indulging on the temptation that tricks or treats offer for Halloween season this year? Let’s admit it; it’s not only the kids who munch on candy corns, chocolate bars, and candies during this spooky season. It may only happen once a year, but this stuff is rich in sugar and artificial ingredients.
Too many treats can mean more pounds and calories for us to burn. So how do we stay fit during Halloween?
- Go ahead and plan. First have a wholesome and healthy meal or protein shave before you go trick or treating. Having a meal before attending a gathering can help you avoid hunger pains. This can prevent you from overeating and stuffing down too many candies and sugar.
- Exercise or workout, before you went about for trick or treats. This would be the best thing you should do during this year’s Halloween. Studies have shown that people are more likely to eat less after a workout or exercise. You’ll also feel great and you’ll achieve your weight goals. So work out for 30 minutes or more before you get suited up in your Halloween costumes.
- Avoid that candy bowl. Yes, even your favorites. Don’t place them where you can easily see them in your house. Serve candies or chocolates that you don’t crave. You’ll be tempted but ask someone to hide these from you.
- Eat in moderation. You can enjoy sugar filled goodies every now and then. You don’t need to deprive yourself of eating candies, treat yourself with that BUT in small portions. Even if it only happens once a year, we need to stay on the right track, avoid munching on too many goodies.
- Don’t forget your goals. Keep reminding yourself regarding your weight loss goals. Stick some notes where you can see them constantly.
Halloween is the one night where scaring people is the ‘trend’ and candies are bountiful. We should always keep in mind that these sugary treats can turn into monstrous calories that you’ll need to shed off through exercise and workouts.
Eat the chocolates and candies that you want, but again, only in small portions. Keep your eyes on your goals and eat healthy all year long. Check out our delectable fast metabolism diet Halloween recipes here!