This is a simple and delicious Japanese inspired salmon recipe and perfect for those who are at the Phase 2 of the Fast Metabolism Diet Program. For more creativity and presentation, throw in your favorite fresh herbs.
- 1 salmon fillet, skin on (about 1 1/2 pounds/680 g)
- 1 tablespoon/15 mL grated ginger
- 1 green onion, chopped finely
- 1 teaspoon/5 mL Xylitol
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon/2.5 mL sea salt
- Fresh Dill leaves
- Lime wedges
- Preheat grill with medium-low heat.
- Except for the salmon fillet, combine all other ingredients in a small bowl for marination.
- Lather mixture on the flesh of the fillets and set aside for 5 or more minutes.
- Using a grill grate, cook the salmon for about 12 to 14 minutes skin-side down or until one side is cooked thoroughly at 145 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Once cooked, remove from heat and then serve with lime wedges and fresh dill leaves.