Have you tried grilling veggies? Well, maybe it’s time for you to know that Eggplant is also one of those healthy vegetables which suit the process of grill cooking. Basic grilled eggplant is a simple side dish that lets the vegetable’s flavor pops out. This dish is also perfect for the Phase 2 of the Fast Metabolism Diet Program, perfect for those who want a low glycemic meat.
- 1 large globe eggplant (about 1 lb.), trimmed and cut into 1/2-inch-thick rounds
- 3 Tbs. extra-virgin olive oil; more as needed
- Kosher salt
- Prepare a medium-high charcoal or gas grill fire.
- Apply olive oil on both sides of the eggplants slices. Season with a reasonable amount of salt.
- A gas grill should be used with a cover on it and a charcoal grill without a cover. Grill the eggplant until golden brown-colored marks can be seen on one side or over 3 to 4 minutes of grilling.
- Grill the other side of the vegetable until tender marks appear or 3 to 4 minutes of grilling. The inner would be grayish and soft rather than white and hard.
- Serve warm or cool it down. Serve and enjoy!