For a fast meal preparation, try this simple Grilled Chicken Sausages With Charred Peppers and Onions recipe for your Phase 1 Fast Metabolism Diet!
- 2 medium red bell peppers, quartered lengthwise and seeded
- 2 medium yellow bell peppers, quartered lengthwise and seeded
- 2 large red onions, root ends intact, each cut into 8 wedges
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons slivered fresh basil, plus more to garnish
- 8 3-ounce fully cooked Italian-flavored nitrate-free chicken sausages
- 6 cups cooked brown rice, to serve
- Heat a grill to medium. Grill the bell peppers and onions 12 to 15 minutes, turning 2 or 3 times, until charred and tender.
- Combine the vinegar, garlic, salt, and black pepper in a large bowl. Add the vegetables and the basil; toss well.
- Grill the sausages 10 minutes, turning occasionally until heated through and grill marks appear. Slice the sausages and transfer to a large platter.
- Serve over brown rice, with the peppers and onions. Garnish with fresh basil.
Source: HAYLIE POMROY